continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Kapil Gupta\(CT\)" <kagu...@quark.com>
Subject Resolving Source code dependency among modules?
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 13:30:04 GMT
Hi,

I have a multi-module (Spring based) project and there is a case where
module A is generating source code of module B and module B generates
source code of module C. The reason behind this is that I have separated
interfaces of my application in module A and using a perl script to
generate remote implementations (which internally call local
implementation) in module B. Module B again uses perl scripts to
generate iiop stubs in module C and Soap adapters in module D. All
modules are in parallel i.e. under same parent directory.

Am able to compile and package everything if I use a parent pom to build
all these modules and specify scm tag there only instead of in each
child pom.

But in that case I can't build modules individually as there is no SCM
tag specified in child modules. Even on specifying scm tag in each
module, I can't generate source code of module B from Module A as they
are in parallel directories.

Is there any way I can refer to module B from module A? Is there any
other way to tackle this kind of situation?

Thanks,

Kapil

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail transmission and any documents, files, or previous e-mail
messages appended or attached to it, may contain information that is
confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you must not read this
transmission and that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution,
or use of the information contained or attached to this transmission is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately notify the sender by telephone +91.172.229.9450 or
return e-mail message kagupta@quark.com
<BLOCKED::mailto:kagupta@quark.com>  and delete the original
transmission, its attachments, and any copies without reading or saving
in any manner. Thank you.