continuum-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Williams <a...@handyande.co.uk>
Subject Re: XML-RPC client - getting build state by BuildId/BuildDefinition
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2006 21:38:52 GMT
what version of continuum are you using?
XML-RPC has more in SVN that in 1.0.3

I have not yet updated the ProjectsReader to reflect, however.

Andy

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 14:05 -0500, Baron.Reznik@fastmobile.com wrote:
> I tried playing with the java XML-RPC client for continuum, and had a couple questions.

> - For a given project, I would like to query the state of the most recent build for each
build definition. Is this possible?
> - For a given project, what is contained in the list returned by project.getBuildResults()
? I always seem to get an empty list returned.
> - For the ProjectsReader, is the only way to get refreshProject() to work by giving it
a project with its ID set? Or are there other members that could be set instead? I tried setting
group/artifactId, which I figured would be unique, but I got a NPE instead.
> - Are javadocs published online anywhere for the XML-RPC client, let alone the rest of
continuum? I had trouble finding them.

> The reason I'm interested in this is because if you have a project with multiple build
definitions, continuum doesn't handle the notifications too well. If one definition constantly
results in a successful build, and the other in a failed/error build, you will continously
get notifications of "build success" and "build failure" since the build state is constantly
switching. It would be nice to be able to group a number of build definitions together as
a 'single build' for the purpose of build state. Until that's possible, I was hoping to grab
the right information and come to the proper conclusion using the xml-rpc client if possible.