continuum-users mailing list archives

From Mark Reynolds <sca...@tailwaggers.com>
Subject Re: Why so many directories
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 21:05:08 GMT
My experience is that with a multi-module project, you should do as
advised here by Emmanuel  delete all but the parent project builds, and
remove --non-recursive from the parent project.

Under the default scenario, where continuum tries to build each module
separately, it doesn't seem like this is perfected yet. For example, if
the project polling happens to be in progress when you check in, it may
build the sub modules in the wrong order and lead to build errors, which
must be rectified by manually rebuilding things in the proper order. Or
if you check in a change to one module, it will not automatically
rebuild the dependent modules. I assume these things will be fixed in
the future, but I don't see that there is any big advantage to having
each module built separately by continuum unless there get to be very
many modules, perhaps.

When I just have the entire build being executed from the parent pom,
like I would normally do with "mvn install" on my local machine,
everything works quite well for me.

-- Mark R