continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Tomasz Pik" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why modules are added when I create multi module project?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:06:29 GMT
On 7/13/06, Kamil Dworakowski <kdw@onet.pl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when one adds a multi module project separate continuum projects for
> parent and modules are created. Moreover parent project has
> --non-recursive option. This seems to make sens at first. The bad news
> was that modifying a module that every other depends on doesn't trigger
> rebuild of others. Just parent and the modified module are rebuild.
> Removing --non-recursive option from parent builds everything but than
> why do I need continuum projects for modules?

I just manually removed them and all works fine :)

> Dependencies between
> modules are easy to figure out from pom. It should work.

yes, but...
those are dependencies inside given project and reactor can resolve
them.
but when you've other project depending subproject of your project
and this subproject is not registered as a project in contunuum, then
something like 'trigger build of my project if one of projects i'm depending
on has been rebuild'[*] won't work.

Regards,
Tomek

[*] is there such a funcionality already implemented in continuum?
I remember I saw such a thing in cruisecontrol.