continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Yuan, Bill" <xinxue.y...@wamu.net>
Subject RE: issue with setting up M1 POM URL
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:15:27 GMT
Arnaud and any other experts,

I still have problem with adding our Maven 1.x project to Continuum. Let
me restate our problem again:

I am experimenting Continuum on my local machine, with the Continuum
1-0-3 installed. Our project's version control is managed by Perforce
which is running on a server. Our project itself is managed by Maven
1.x.

Since our project contains multiple sub-projects, and in our main
"project.xml" it extends some other "project.xml" files, I encountered
the error on Continuum's web tool when trying the option of "upload POM"
from my local machine, with the error messages as,

	- Continuum Error
		Cannot use a POM with an 'extend' element.
	- Check the logs for more details.
		groupId is null.
	- Check the logs for more details.

Seems like we have to use the "M1 POM URL" option instead. However, I
tried various URL format (I could only use FILE protocol), like,

file:///C:\p4\WS_u208479_AIS\EAI_weblogic\uia2_5.0\project.xml

fill:///C:/p4/WS_u208479_AIS/EAI_weblogic/uia2_5.0/project.xml<ftp:///c:
/p4/WS_u208479_AIS/EAI_weblogic/uia2_5.0/project.xml>

but always got the error message saying "[ You must provide a valid url
(http, https, ftp and file protocols are allowed) ]"

Please share with me any of your advises and instructions.

Thanks,

- Bill