continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Mutonho" <ejbeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GoogleTalk notification
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 10:12:02 GMT
> A message is sent only if the build state is changed between two builds like it was in
failure and
> now it is in success.
>
> So in your case, the message isn't sent because the build is always in success.
>
> Emmanuel

Thanks.Now I induced a build failure  and jabber tried to send a
notification , but failed with the exception :

jvm 1    | 2006-07-05 12:01:02,674 [Thread-2] ERROR ContinuumNotificationDispatc
her - Error while trying to use the jabbernotifier.
jvm 1    | org.codehaus.plexus.notification.NotificationException: Exception whi
le sending message.
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuu
mNotifier.sendMessage(JabberContinuumNotifier.java:241)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuu
mNotifier.sendNotification(JabberContinuumNotifier.java:139)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotif
icationDispatcher.sendNotification(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:1
73)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.DefaultContinuumNotif
icationDispatcher.buildComplete(DefaultContinuumNotificationDispatcher.java:96)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildContro
ller.build(DefaultBuildController.java:378)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskEx
ecutor.executeTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:47)
jvm 1    |      at org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExec
utor$ExecutorRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:103)
jvm 1    |      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
jvm 1    | Caused by: org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.JabberClientException: Can't co
nnect to talk.google.com:5222
jvm 1    |      at org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.DefaultJabberClient.connect(Defaul
tJabberClient.java:51)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.jabber.JabberContinuu
mNotifier.sendMessage(JabberContinuumNotifier.java:221)
jvm 1    |      ... 7 more
jvm 1    | Caused by: XMPPError connecting to talk.google.com:5222.: (502)
jvm 1    |   -- caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: conn
ect
jvm 1    |      at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.<init>(XMPPConnection.j
ava:174)
jvm 1    |      at org.codehaus.plexus.jabber.DefaultJabberClient.connect(Defaul