continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <>
Subject Re: M1 & Snapshots
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 11:12:02 GMT

Shute, James a écrit :
> Hi,
> I've got 2 projects (both Maven 1.x) where project A depends on project
> B.  Now at the moment I've got them both building in Continuum
> independently which is ok, but what I'd really like is that when
> building A it uses the latest build of B done by Continuum.  Ideally a
> change to B would also trigger a build of A.

if you use the install goal, your artifact B we'll be installed in your local repository,
so maven
will use it when it will build B.

Continuum will trigger a build of A when a change to B will occur in 1.1.

> Now I'm sure the solution to this involves SNAPSHOTs and probably
> Continuum's internal repository which I've seen mentioned in a few
> posts.  But I've been unable from searching the mailing list archive to
> work out exactly what I should be doing - esp as I'm using M1 for the
> builds.

The internal repo is only for m2 artifacts and it can't help in your case because it's considerated

as a remote repository.

SNAPSHOT + install goal will do the work.

> Any suggestions very gratefully received
> thanks
> James
> This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated
recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  This communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded
as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an official
confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this
information is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information
is subject to change without notice.

View raw message