continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: Ladies and Gents...does Continuum actually work?
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 14:18:30 GMT

Jeff Mutonho a écrit :
>> Perhaps your scm url
>> (scm:cvs:pserver:mutonj:mutonj@165.148.216.14:/var/lib/cvsroot:dev )
>> is wrong.
>> Are you sure it isn't
>> scm:cvs:pserver:mutonj:mutonj@165.148.216.14:/var/lib/cvsroot:dev/MyCompanyPortal

>> ?
>
> Yes I'm sure , because the correct modules are checked out.The
> checking out is working

it can work too with a wrong url like if you use the parent directory of your project instead
of the
project directory. Do you have your root project undre "50" directory?

How many projects do you have in continuum? normally one by module + one for the root project.

>> Continuum is an open source project. If you consider the documentation
>> is poor, you can >contribute  to it and provide some patches.
>
> With all due respect ,this is a famous response :) .One can only
> contribute once you have an understanding of what's going on and how
> something works.Without that understanding ,you cannot contribute.In
> any case , a project being an open source one , does not necessarily
> mean it should have poor documentation(think Hibernate , Spring and
> their success).The reasons for joining the mailing is to try and get
> the understanding :)

I'm agree that we need to add more documentation, screenshots... that help users, but I'm
generally
not happy with users that ask for help, we explain to us how to resolve their pb and they
promise a
patch for the doc without to send it.

Emmanuel