continuum-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kapil Gupta\(CT\)" <kagu...@quark.com>
Subject RE: How to specify diff name to pom file
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:28:50 GMT
Ok. Thanks for your quick reply.
Thanks & Regards,
Kapil 

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net] 
Sent: 10 July 2006 15:48
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to specify diff name to pom file

ok, I understand now :)

It's a bug. We take the current url and we substring it with "/pom.xml".length() Please file
an issue and we'll fix it in the next version.

Emmanuel

Kapil Gupta(CT) a écrit :
> My my_custom_pom.xml is in E:\Shared\Development folder and the 
> Common\Common module is in E:\Shared\Development\Common\Common folder 
> and it contains pom.xml
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net]
> Sent: 10 July 2006 15:19
> To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: Re: How to specify diff name to pom file
> 
>  >> 5512622 [SocketListener0-0] INFO  
> org.apache.maven.continuum.Continuum
>  >> - Could not download
>  >> file:/E:/Shared/Development/my_custom/Common/Common/pom.xml:
>  >> E:\Shared\Development\my_custom\Common\Common\pom.xml (The system  >>
cannot find the path specified)  >>  >> See that it truncated last four characters
from the parent pom name.
> 
> I don't see where it is truncated. your my_custom_pom.xml is under E:\Shared\Development\my_custom\
right?
> 
> What is the correct url to use for your module?
> 
> Emmanuel
> 
> Kapil Gupta(CT) a écrit :
>> Emmanuel, my parent pom name is my_custom_pom.xml and it contains path to common\common\pom.xml.
>> I have to use the custom name for my parent pom as there are other parent pom files
for building different modules.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kapil
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net]
>> Sent: 10 July 2006 14:03
>> To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: How to specify diff name to pom file
>>
>> If I understand correctly, the pom under Common/Common is in my_custom_pom.xml. It
isn't supported by continuum.
>>
>> When you Continuum try to find all sub-modules poms, it generate the 
>> path to it with module name and pom.xml
>>
>> Why don't you use pom.xml?
>>
>> Emmanuel
>>
>> Kapil Gupta(CT) a écrit :
>>> Hi Emmanuel,
>>>
>>> My parent pom contains following sub module entry.
>>>
>>> <modules>
>>> 		<module>Common/Common</module>
>>> </modules>
>>>
>>> I received the following error while uploading pom named 
>>> my_custom_pom.xml
>>>
>>> 5512622 [SocketListener0-0] INFO
>>> org.apache.maven.continuum.Continuum
>>> - Could not download
>>> file:/E:/Shared/Development/my_custom/Common/Common/pom.xml: 
>>> E:\Shared\Development\my_custom\Common\Common\pom.xml (The system 
>>> cannot find the path specified)
>>>
>>> See that it truncated last four characters from the parent pom name.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Kapil
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net]
>>> Sent: 10 July 2006 13:45
>>> To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
>>> Subject: Re: How to specify diff name to pom file
>>>
>>> Hmm, strange.
>>>
>>> Can you send your logs about it?
>>>
>>> Emmanuel
>>>
>>> Kapil Gupta(CT) a écrit :
>>>> Hi,
>>>> Can I specify a different name to my parent pom file, say 
>>>> "my_custom_pom_file.xml". When I tried to use this name, continuum 
>>>> was looking for sub modules in the my_custom_pom folder. It works 
>>>> only if the pom file name is of only 3 characters.
>>>>  
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>>
>>>> Kapil Gupta
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
> 
> 
> 
> 


Mime
View raw message