continuum-users mailing list archives

From ArneD <pub...@degenring.de>
Subject Re: Automatically deploy snapshot bulds to remote repo
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:24:33 GMT

Thank you, Emmanuel.

Emmanuel Venisse wrote:

> yes, goals to use is "clean deploy", but continuum don't know what is a
> project in dev and a
> released project. Generally, when we release a project, the code is tagged
> and the code in trunk is
> updated to an incremented snapshot version.

"clean deploy" works well if you always have a snapshot version under
development. But that's not the case for every project. Sometimes you
release a version, and do not have plans for a future release yet. You do
not know, will the next rel. be a major or a minor release? Wiill there be a
next release at all? etc.

At the moment, I only see one solution, but I do not like it very much:
- Only keep "snapshot" versions in Continuum.
- Set build goals to "clean deploy"
- Make sure that Continuum only deploys snapshot versions by defining only
the snapshot repository in the distributionManagement section of the pom.
The release repository would be defined within a profile section that has to
explicitly be enabled, e.g. by parameter -Drelease=true.

That way the deployment of the release version can only be done manually,
when the user explicitly sets the -Drelease=true parameter. If, by mistake,
a release version is in Continuum, the build will fail because of the
missing distributionManagement information.

Do you have a better idea?

Thanks again
Arne

Sent from the Continuum - Users forum at Nabble.com.