continuum-users mailing list archives

From jande...@umich.edu
Subject How to change SMTP server for mail notification?
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 23:04:58 GMT
Hi,

I stumbled upon Continuum yesterday, and I really appreciate its
simplicity and features.  I've setup cruisecontrol and looked at
anthill before, and those took a lot of work to get those setup.  The
quick-start web interface in Continuum is great.

I'm running into a problem in configuring an SMTP server for mail
notification.  Has anyone successfully changed the SMTP server to
something other than the default localhost?  I've tried two things,
neither has worked.  The error log is attached, showing that Continuum
is still looking to send mail through the localhost.

First, I tried setting system properties for JavaMail in wrapper.conf,
as follows:
# Java Additional Parameters
wrapper.java.additional.1=-Dclassworlds.conf=../../conf/classworlds.conf
wrapper.java.additional.2=-Djava.io.temp=../../temp
wrapper.java.additional.3=-Dplexus.core=../../core
wrapper.java.additional.4=-Dplexus.home=../..
wrapper.java.additional.5=-Dmail.from=janderse@umich.edu
wrapper.java.additional.6=-Dmail.host=my.smtp.host.edu
wrapper.java.additional.7=-Dmail.debug=true
wrapper.java.additional.8=-Dmail.smtp.host=my.smtp.host.edu
wrapper.java.additional.9=-Dplexus.system.path="%PATH%"
wrapper.java.additional.9.stripquotes=TRUE

Second, I tried modifying apps/continuum/conf/application.xml and
changing the <smtp-host> element from localhost to my SMTP host, as
shown below:
    <component>
      <role>org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.MailSender</role>

<implementation>org.codehaus.plexus.mailsender.javamail.JavamailMailSender</implementation>
      <configuration>
        <smtp-host>my.smtp.host.edu</smtp-host>
        <smtp-port>25</smtp-port>
        <sslProvider>com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider</sslProvider>
        <!--
        <username>mylogin</username>
        <password>mypassword</password>
        <sslMode>true</sslMode>
        -->
      </configuration>
    </component>

See the attached wrapper.log for the error message.

Any help would be appreciated.  Once this is fixed, I intend to
advocate the use of Continuum on a very large open source project.  We
haven't used a continuous-build system on our project so far simply
because the ones we've tried so far were too complicated and
frustrating to configure and use.  But Continuum might be the one...

Thanks,

-Jon Andersen
University of Michigan