continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Barrie Treloar" <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding extra modules to parent pom does not create an extra project in continuum
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 00:02:28 GMT
On 6/17/06, Barrie Treloar <baerrach@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > But when adding the module pom I think it is failing to find the
> > > parent pom (or even looking for it) and gives you an error that the
> > > version for the dependency is mandatory and missing.
> > >
> > Perhaps the parent pom's module has not been 'installed' in continuum's
> > repository with the dependencyManagement section?
>
> Yes the parent pom is in both the internal repository and the local repository.
> (I already had one module working fine, I was adding the second)

This is a luser error.

The reason for these problems is because I was fixing artifact id
names, hence the local maven repository included old artifacts with
now incorrect names.

After I removed my projects from the local repository and tried
building again the error messages were easy to fix as being incorrect
definitions in poms.

Now I can checkout the module, or update the main project, and add
either of these poms to continuum fine.