continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Barrie Treloar" <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding extra modules to parent pom does not create an extra project in continuum
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:04:07 GMT
> > If I re-add the pom file via Maven 2.0+ Project link (I am using
> > file:// urls to do this) I get a second parent project but not
> > sub-modules.
>
> which pom do you add? parent or module?

If I re-add the [parent] pom... I get a second parent pom but no extra
sub-modules that have been added.

> > If I try to add the module pom I get an error that it can not find the
> > dependency version information (since that is specified in the parent
> > pom).
>
> what is the error? How do you define the version in your module?

I am not at work, so this is from memory.
The error is for dependencies.
I have been removing the version identified as this is now in the
dependencyManagement section of the parent pom.
But when adding the module pom I think it is failing to find the
parent pom (or even looking for it) and gives you an error that the
version for the dependency is mandatory and missing.

> > What is the correct way to get another module included in the build?
>
> add new modules one by one or delete all (parent and sub-modules) and readd the parent.

So you are saying that adding the module should work correctly.
I will look into it more.