continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wim Deblauwe" <wim.debla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClearCase SCM and Continuum
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:26:31 GMT

> > I found another workaround by building the super-module recursively:
> > all sub-modules. Change the super module definition and remove the
> > "--non-recursive" option from the build targets.

Maybe we need an option in Continuum so the user can select if he wants his
submodules as seperate modules (default now) or as just 1 project without
the --non-recursive option?

> > By the way, do you know has anybody planned to implement the "checkout
> by
> > tag" functionality for ClearCase, so that the Maven release plugin can
> be
> > used?
>
> you can perhaps help Wim and us if you can provide this feature in
> maven-scm.

That would be great if you could do that. I started the ClearCase
implementation because I hoped we would be moving to M2 soon, but it still
has not happend. Currently, I can't spend any more time on the SCM
implementation of ClearCase to do that, so if you could help out, it would
be great!

> > And, at last, one suggestion. I believe the ClearCase integration would
> be
> > even better, if the SCM url would contain all necessary information
> (like
> > with CVS, SVN, ...). To define the config spec as an external file adds
> > unnecessary complexity for the users. Anyway, thank you and all Maven /
> > Continuum developers! You've done a great job. But for a broad
> acceptance of
> > Maven, I believe, a simplification of some issues would be helpful.
>
> All proposals are welcome.

Yes, how would you do that in 1 line? Most config specs are at least 2
lines, so that is why we need an external file. But if you can think of
something, please do.

regards,

Wim