continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Jonathan" <jjohn...@454.com>
Subject Base URL default setting
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:12:13 GMT
Each time I reinstall Continuum I find I often forget to change the base
URL from localhost to the machine name.  When developers get build
notification emails their links go to localhost which obvious do not
work.

I wish the Continuum installation/initialization could just pick up the
machine name of the server rather than using "localhost".  Localhost is
always problematic and should be avoided.  It would almost be better if
it just said "[your server machine name here]".

New users will constantly get tripped up on this out of the box
experience.

LEGAL NOTICE:
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It
is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents or any action taken
(or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee,
please inform the sender immediately.