continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Jonathan" <jjohn...@454.com>
Subject Removing sub-projects causes JDODataStoreException
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 19:18:14 GMT
I have used previous version of Continuum and in each version I have
experienced this problem.  I am now using version 1.0.3.

If I add a parent pom.xml to Continuum with a number of sub modules (I
have 10) they all get added correctly.  If I then try to remove them all
I can remove the first 2 then I start getting the exception below (full
text is attached)

javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Delete request failed: DELETE FROM
BUILDDEFINITION WHERE ID = ?

The only way I know how to get around it is to reinstall Continuum.

1.  What is causing the exception?

2.  Does anyone know how to reset or clear the database so I do not have
too reinstall?

3.  I wish there was a way to simply refresh Continuum with a new parent
pom.xml without having to add, remove duplicates and then resetup all
the notification email rules.  I have yet been able to do this fully
because of the exception noted below.  The only way to reliably refresh
my parent pom is to reinstall Continuum and reenter all the notification
emails.

Continuum Error

ognl.MethodFailedException: Method "removeProject" failed for object
org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum@8f5fc2
[javax.jdo.JDOUserException: One or more instances could not be deleted
NestedThrowables:
javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Delete request failed: DELETE FROM
BUILDDEFINITION WHERE ID = ?
NestedThrowables:
SQL Exception: DELETE on table 'BUILDDEFINITION' caused a violation of
foreign key constraint 'PROJECT_BUILP8_FK2' for key (1).  The statement
has been rolled back.]
	at ognl.OgnlRuntime.callAppropriateMethod(OgnlRuntime.java:796)
	at
ognl.ObjectMethodAccessor.callMethod(ObjectMethodAccessor.java:61)
	at ognl.OgnlRuntime.callMethod(OgnlRuntime.java:819)
	at ognl.ASTMethod.getValueBody(ASTMethod.java:75)
	at ognl.SimpleNode.evaluateGetValueBody(SimpleNode.java:170)
	at ognl.SimpleNode.getValue(SimpleNode.java:210)
	at ognl.Ognl.getValue(Ognl.java:333)
	at ognl.Ognl.getValue(Ognl.java:378)
	at ognl.Ognl.getValue(Ognl.java:357)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.formica.action.DeleteEntity.uponSuccessfulValidation
(DeleteEntity.java:57)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.formica.action.DeleteEntity.execute(DeleteEntity.jav
a:47)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.summit.pipeline.valve.ActionValve.invoke(ActionValve
.java:68)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.summit.pipeline.AbstractPipeline.invoke(AbstractPipe
line.java:70)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.summit.Summit.doGet(Summit.java:54)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.summit.Summit.doPost(Summit.java:108)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:358)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler.dispatch(WebApplicationH
andler.java:294)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:567)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1807)
	at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.handle(WebApplicationCon
text.java:525)
	at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1757)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:789)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:960)
	at
org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:806)
	at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:218
)
	at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:331)
	at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:520)

LEGAL NOTICE:
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It
is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents or any action taken
(or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee,
please inform the sender immediately.