continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Shute, James" <james.sh...@lehman.com>
Subject RE: Mail Notifier self-replication
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 07:43:42 GMT
Thanks.

As a workaround I've discovered that the notifier added from the
nagEmailAddress element in the POM doesn't suffer from this replication
so I've added that for this project and am ok for now.

James

-----Original Message-----
From: Carlo Bonamico [mailto:c.bonamico@set-network.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:31 AM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mail Notifier self-replication

Hi Shute,
 I have the same problem and already created a jira bug report for this.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-678

It should be fixed in the source tree, but I am not sure when the next
release will be.

Carlo

Shute, James wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using 1.0.3 and am having a problem with one of my (Maven 1)
> projects.  Every time the build runs it adds copies of the configured
> Mail Notifiers, so I get an ever expanding number of emails.  It looks

> like it's doubling each time.
>
> Other projects are building ok.  The main difference with this one is
> that it's a multi-project build, (i.e. my target is clean:clean
> multiproject:install) - don't know if that's relevant or not.
>
> The other difference is that when I imported the pom the initial mail
> notifier it created looks slightly different to those for the other
> projects, in that the ones that work have the 1st notifier with a From

> value of "Project", where as this one only has "User" notifiers.
>
> I can't see anything in any of the mail archives that might help -
> anybody got any ideas?
>
> thanks
>
> James

> -------- This message is intended only for the personal and
> confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above.  If you
are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message
is strictly prohibited.  This communication is for information purposes
only and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation
of an offer to buy any financial product, an official confirmation of
any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or
accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is
subject to change without notice.