continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Waluk" <>
Subject How to set scm value in pom for Clearcase?
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:26:44 GMT
I'm trying to use Continuum 1.0.3 with Clearcase.  In my pom.xml I have
specified the location of my config spec like this:

This looks like the example at and
it is the dynamic config spec on the VOB server.   I've also tried creating
a .  But when Continuum tries to build it looks like it is trying to connect
to the very same machine I am running it on.  Is that an indication that it
doesn't like the value I gave it in the pom.xml?  Should it start with
file:///Xpw-rebuild101 or something like that in URL format (it's windows if
that matters)?

I see in the console that it is trying this:
cleartool mkview -snapshot -tag Michael.Waluk-xpw-mwaluk1-maven-13-vws

I tried giving another location as the view-name like this too:
but it had no effect.

I have also tried placing a clearcase-settings.xml file in my home
directory's .scm directory.  It contains this:

I figured this might force Continuum to work there, but it didn't make a
difference.  I get the error below no matter what I put in the pom it
seems.  I would love to use Continuum with Clearcase (we use UCM VOBs) but
maybe it isn't fully implemented for Clearcase yet?  Any help will be
greatly appreciated.

- Michael

Build Error:

Provider message: The cleartool command failed.

Command output:

albd_contact call failed: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = [WINSOCK]
Connection reset by peer

cleartool: Error: Unable to contact albd_server on host 'xpw-mwaluk1'

cleartool: Error: Cannot bind an admin_server handle on "xpw-mwaluk1":
ClearCase object not found.

cleartool: Error: Unable to create view "*