continuum-users mailing list archives

From Bernhard Wellhöfer <Bernhard.Wellhoe...@gaia-group.com>
Subject AW: AW: Continuum admin password problem
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:27:04 GMT
Thx!

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Patrick Kimber [mailto:mailing.patrick.kimber@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. Juni 2006 11:23
An: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: Continuum admin password problem

Hi Bernd

Theses are my notes from when I fixed my password:

Continuum - Database

The password for my user on Continuum was not working. So I need a way to change it!

Copied the Continuum database folder:

/usr/local/bin/continuum-1.0.3/apps/continuum/database

To a temp folder on my Windows workstation:

C:\temp\continuum\database\

Downloaded SQuirreL SQL from http://squirrel-sql.sourceforge.net/.

Selected Modify Driver for Apache Derby Embedded and added the Derby jar files, derby.jar
and derbyclient.jar to the Extra Class Path tab.

Created a new continuum entry in the Aliases window. These are the properties:

Name: continuum
Driver: Apache Derby Embedded
UserName: sa

In Linux the URL is:

jdbc:derby:/usr/local/bin/continuum-1.0.3/apps/continuum/database

I can now connect to the database...

Change Password

I used HashCalc from http://www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/overview.htm to hash a new password.

Use the following SQL statements to display all the users then update the selected user with
a new password:

SELECT ACCOUNT_ID,EMAIL,FULL_NAME,GROUP_ID_OID,GUEST,HASHED_PASSWORD,MODEL_ENCODING,USERNAME
FROM CONTINUUMUSER;
UPDATE CONTINUUMUSER SET HASHED_PASSWORD = 'f10dd37094e36e1093b16de1ae7b5d51ed6a7d33' WHERE
USERNAME = 'patrick';

Make sure you shut down all connections to this database before re-starting Continuum.

Pat

On 27/06/06, Bernhard Wellhöfer <Bernhard.Wellhoefer@gaia-group.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> do you have a hint how I can fix my continuum installation? Right now my admin user is
"dead"...

> Cheers,
>
> Bernd

The form where I added the real name also presented the password field. Here the password
field was empty - nevertheless the admin user had a password. After entering the new real
name for admin and after hitting "submit" the real named changed - but the password also changed.
I did not enter anything in the password text field ...