continuum-users mailing list archives

From Bernhard Wellhöfer <Bernhard.Wellhoe...@gaia-group.com>
Subject AW: Continuum admin password problem
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:32:50 GMT
Hello,

I filed http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-736 for this issue.

Cheers,

Bernd

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bernhard Wellhöfer [mailto:Bernhard.Wellhoefer@gaia-group.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 26. Juni 2006 11:28
An: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Betreff: Continuum admin password problem

Hello,

I changed in the user management section the real name for the continuum admin user. The form
where I added the real name also presented the password field. Here the password field was
empty - nevertheless the admin user had a password. After entering the new real name for admin
and after hitting "submit" the real named changed - but the password also changed. I did not
enter anything in the password text field ...

So is the new password now blank? If yes I have a serious problem, since the login page does
not allow an empty password. So how do I reset the admin password to a known value? [This
is the first time I work with derby. So how do I e.g. open the database with a SQL editor
to change the password directly in the DB?]

Do you agree that this should be filed as a bug?

Cheers,

Bernd