continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: scm connection string
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 09:08:35 GMT
continuum use the <connection>

your scm url isn't valid. A valid format is
scm:cvs:pserver:MY_NAME:MY_PASS@MY_SERVER:PORT:/usr/local/cvsroot:MY_MODULE

scm url/user/password in project screen can be used for projects that don't have a scm defined
like
ant and shell projects or if your scm urls was wrong in your pom or if your scm address changed.

Emmanuel

Srinivas Pavani a écrit :
> Can some one please help me out in understanding how the scm connection settings work
with respect to continuum and maven?

> Maven2 has the following settings:
>
>   <scm>
>      <!-- read only -->     <connection>scm:cvs:pserver:MY_NAME:MY_PASS@MY_SERVER:PORT:/usr/local/cvsroot
MY_MODULE</connection>
>      <!-- developers NOT read only -->     <connection>scm:cvs:pserver:MY_NAME:MY_PASS@MY_SERVER:PORT:/usr/local/cvsroot
MY_MODULE</connection>
>       <tag>MY_BRANCH</tag>
>      <!-- browsable url - ViewVC or ... -->
>      <url>http://MY_SERVER/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/MY_MODULE/</url>
>   </scm>
>
> Which one of these is used scm connection is used by Continuum?
> What do the settings in Continuum admin screen do - scm url/user id/password? Are these
mean to override what is provided by maven pom.xml?

> When I run maven's scm:validate, the validation is successful but when I try to run any
other command such as scm:status scm:checkout, I keep  getting an error CVS requires a path
spec.

> I cannot figure out what is the correct scm connection string for a CVS repository which
uses a pserver.

> Can anyone provide a working example on how to setup these strings?
>
> Thanks
> Srinivas

> Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for
2¢/min or less.