continuum-users mailing list archives

From Edwin Punzalan <epunza...@exist.com>
Subject Re: scm connection string
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 02:27:22 GMT

The space between the path and the module should be a colon (:).

Please see: http://maven.apache.org/scm/cvs.html

^_^

Srinivas Pavani wrote:
> Can some one please help me out in understanding how the scm connection settings work
with respect to continuum and maven?

> Maven2 has the following settings:
>
>   <scm>
>      <!-- read only -->     <connection>scm:cvs:pserver:MY_NAME:MY_PASS@MY_SERVER:PORT:/usr/local/cvsroot
MY_MODULE</connection>
>      <!-- developers NOT read only -->     <connection>scm:cvs:pserver:MY_NAME:MY_PASS@MY_SERVER:PORT:/usr/local/cvsroot
MY_MODULE</connection>
>       <tag>MY_BRANCH</tag>
>      <!-- browsable url - ViewVC or ... -->
>      <url>http://MY_SERVER/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/MY_MODULE/</url>
>   </scm>
>
> Which one of these is used scm connection is used by Continuum?
> What do the settings in Continuum admin screen do - scm url/user id/password? Are these
mean to override what is provided by maven pom.xml?

> When I run maven's scm:validate, the validation is successful but when I try to run any
other command such as scm:status scm:checkout, I keep  getting an error CVS requires a path
spec.