continuum-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: Upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 causes build.properties substitution to cease
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 00:31:35 GMT


Ryan, Scott D a écrit :
> Thanks for the information.
> 
> The problem is that our SCM URL's contain a generic user name ${maven.username} so that
every user can gain access independently to the CVS system.
> I can substitute the user name in continuum to get it to build once but the next time
the project.xml is pulled down from CVS it is overlaid with the substitution parameter.
> I can't put a user name in the URL within CVS because then every user that uses Maven
would use that user name (Bad thing).  Is there any way to build an SCM url that allows
> me to substitute a user name at retrieve time so that I don't have to check in a user
name in my project.xml?  Is there a way to use a system property or a -D flag on the
> command to get the proper name into the build?  Is this also the case for Maven 2.0?
 This would present a huge security issue for us if we allowed user names on the URL's inside
our cvs system.
> 

I have two solutions without username in scm url:
- you can use an anonymous connection without write access
- you don't use a username in scm url, so a cvs login will be required, you run a cvs login
command 
on the continuum machine. (It's my preferred solution and it's the more secure)

you can't use system property or -D flag because the scm url is put in continuum without modification.

With maven2, an other solution is available, it's Maven profiles.

Emmanuel
> 
> 
> 
> Scott D. Ryan
> Senior Java Developer/Architect
> Aurora Loan Services
> 10350 Park Meadows Drive
> Littleton, Co. 80124
> Office: (720) 945-5328
> Cell:    (303) 263-3044
> scryan@alservices.com
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net] 
> Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 5:50 PM
> To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 causes build.properties substitution to cease
> 
> This feature doesn't exist in continuum 1.0.3 (and it wasn't in continuum 1.0.2 too)
because it isn't implemented. Continuum doesn't read build.properties file, only maven1 use
it.
> So you need to add the real scm url in your pom without parameters (same for the name,
artifactId, groupId, version), for other part, you can use parameters if they aren't use by
continuum but only by maven1
> 
> Emmanuel
> 
> Ryan, Scott D a écrit :
>>  I recently upgraded from Continuum 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 using a Maven 1 
>> project.xml and I was using parameter substitution from my 
>> build.properties file to fill in a parameter on my SCM URL string.  
>> The current string is as follows:
>>
>> scm:cvs:pserver:${maven.username}@machinename:/somedirectory/src:modul
>> en
>> ame
>>
>> I am relying on the maven.username to be filled in from the 
>> build.properties file but it looks like that does not work with 
>> version 1.0.3.  I also tried to add a command line parameter 
>> -Dmaven.username=someuserid and that was not picked up either.  If I 
>> fill in the name manually everything seems to run ok however then next 
>> time a build happens the project.xml is replaced and my substitution 
>> is broken again.
>>
>> Scott D. Ryan
>> Senior Java Developer/Architect
>> Aurora Loan Services
>> 10350 Park Meadows Drive
>> Littleton, Co. 80124
>> Office: (720) 945-5328
>> Cell:    (303) 263-3044
>> scryan@alservices.com
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> -------- This message is intended only for the personal and 
>> confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution
or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. This communication is for information purposes
only and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy
any financial product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement
of Aurora Loan Services. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate and it should
not be relied upon as such. All information is subject to change without notice.
>>
>>
>>
>>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----
> This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated
recipient(s) named. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited. This communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded
as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an official
confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Aurora Loan Services. Email
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Therefore, we do not represent
that this information is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such. All
information is subject to change without notice.
> 
> 
> 
> 


Mime
View raw message