continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: Base URL default setting
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:23:37 GMT

Johnson, Jonathan a écrit :
> Each time I reinstall Continuum I find I often forget to change the base
> URL from localhost to the machine name.  When developers get build
> notification emails their links go to localhost which obvious do not
> work.
>
> I wish the Continuum installation/initialization could just pick up the
> machine name of the server rather than using "localhost".  Localhost is
> always problematic and should be avoided.  It would almost be better if
> it just said "[your server machine name here]".

you can file an issue for this. But we use localhost instead of the machineName:port because
some
user use continuum behind an apache proxy

Emmanuel

> New users will constantly get tripped up on this out of the box
> experience.
>
> LEGAL NOTICE:
> Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents or any action taken
(or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee,
please inform the sender immediately.