continuum-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: 1.0.2->1.0.3 upgrade - JDODataStoreException: "...trying to shrink VARCHAR...ContinuumBuildExecutorE"
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:30:17 GMT
The upgrade page is correct. You need to remove your database in continuum 1.0.3 instance and

replace it by the database you used in 1.0.2.

Can you try whith a fresh continuum install (without an upgrade)?

Emmanuel

Chris Wall a écrit :
> Is this accurate?
> 
> "Replace Continuum 1.0.3's apps/continuum/database with Continuum 1.0.2's apps/continuum/database."
(http://maven.apache.org/continuum/upgrade.html)
> 
> Overwrite 1.0.3 database with 1.0.2?
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net] 
> Sent: June 14, 2006 4:11 AM
> To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
> Subject: Re: 1.0.2->1.0.3 upgrade - JDODataStoreException: "...trying to shrink VARCHAR...ContinuumBuildExecutorE"
> 
> weird. Can you try with a fresh install of continuum?
> 
> Emmanuel
> 
> Chris Wall a écrit :
>> It's consistent during our builds.
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net] 
>> Sent: June 13, 2006 3:45 AM
>> To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: 1.0.2->1.0.3 upgrade - JDODataStoreException: "...trying to shrink
VARCHAR...ContinuumBuildExecutorE"
>>
>> Do you have always this exception or is it only on one build?
>>
>> Chris Wall a écrit :
>>> After upgrading from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 (via
>>> http://maven.apache.org/continuum/upgrade.html), we are experiencing the
>>> stacktrace below.  Is this an outdated schema issue?
>>>  
>>> I saw two related responses in the archives ("we don't know why" and
>>> "nothing to do with Maven or Continuum") and a couple open bugs.  What
>>> is the suggested workaround?
>>>  
>>> Could this be related?  Is it correct to overwrite 1.0.3 with 1.0.2?:
>>> "Replace Continuum 1.0.3's apps/continuum/database with Continuum
>>> 1.0.2's apps/continuum/database." 
>> yes, it's the normal way.
>>
>>>  
>>> Thanks!
>>>  
>>> -Chris
>>>  
>>>  
>>> Stacktrace
>>> ----------------
>>> javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Update request failed: UPDATE
>>> BUILDRESULT SET ERROR=? WHERE ID=?
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.store.rdbms.request.UpdateRequest.execute(UpdateRequest.java:26
>>> 7)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ClassTable.update(ClassTable.java:2200)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.store.StoreManager.update(StoreManager.java:786)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.flush(StateManagerImpl.java:4596)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.flush(AbstractPersistenceManager.jav
>>> a:3167)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.markDirty(AbstractPersistenceManager
>>> .java:3126)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.postWriteField(StateManagerImpl.java:433
>>> 4)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.makeDirty(StateManagerImpl.java:1050)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.AttachFieldManager.storeIntField(AttachFieldManager.java:
>>> 255)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.providedIntField(StateManagerImpl.java:2
>>> 571)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.maven.continuum.model.project.Project.jdoProvideField(Project
>>> .java)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.maven.continuum.model.project.Project.jdoProvideFields(Projec
>>> t.java)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.provideFields(StateManagerImpl.java:2964
>>> )
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.internalAttachCopy(StateManagerImpl.java
>>> :4028)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.attachCopy(StateManagerImpl.java:3963)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.attachCopy(AbstractPersistenceManage
>>> r.java:1336)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.internalMakePersistent(AbstractPersi
>>> stenceManager.java:1109)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.makePersistent(AbstractPersistenceMa
>>> nager.java:1201)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.maven.continuum.store.JdoContinuumStore.updateBuildResult(Jdo
>>> ContinuumStore.java:238)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(
>>> DefaultBuildController.java:324)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.exec
>>> uteTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:47)
>>>                at
>>> org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$Execut
>>> orRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:103)
>>>                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>>> NestedThrowablesStackTrace:
>>> ERROR 22001: A truncation error was encountered trying to shrink VARCHAR
>>> 'org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutorE&' to
>>> length 8192.
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.derby.iapi.types.SQLChar.hasNonBlankChars(Unknown Source)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.derby.iapi.types.SQLVarchar.normalize(Unknown Source)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.derby.iapi.types.SQLVarchar.normalize(Unknown Source)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.derby.iapi.types.DataTypeDescriptor.normalize(Unknown Source)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.NormalizeResultSet.normalizeRow(Unknow
>>> n Source)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.NormalizeResultSet.getNextRowCore(Unkn
>>> own Source)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.DMLWriteResultSet.getNextRowCore(Unkno
>>> wn Source)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.UpdateResultSet.collectAffectedRows(Un
>>> known Source)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.UpdateResultSet.open(Unknown Source)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Unkno
>>> wn Source)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown
>>> Source)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.store.rdbms.request.Request.executeUpdate(Request.java:78)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.store.rdbms.request.UpdateRequest.execute(UpdateRequest.java:25
>>> 3)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ClassTable.update(ClassTable.java:2200)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.store.StoreManager.update(StoreManager.java:786)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.flush(StateManagerImpl.java:4596)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.flush(AbstractPersistenceManager.jav
>>> a:3167)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.markDirty(AbstractPersistenceManager
>>> .java:3126)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.postWriteField(StateManagerImpl.java:433
>>> 4)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.makeDirty(StateManagerImpl.java:1050)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.AttachFieldManager.storeIntField(AttachFieldManager.java:
>>> 255)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.providedIntField(StateManagerImpl.java:2
>>> 571)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.maven.continuum.model.project.Project.jdoProvideField(Project
>>> .java)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.maven.continuum.model.project.Project.jdoProvideFields(Projec
>>> t.java)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.provideFields(StateManagerImpl.java:2964
>>> )
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.internalAttachCopy(StateManagerImpl.java
>>> :4028)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.attachCopy(StateManagerImpl.java:3963)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.attachCopy(AbstractPersistenceManage
>>> r.java:1336)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.internalMakePersistent(AbstractPersi
>>> stenceManager.java:1109)
>>>                at
>>> org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.makePersistent(AbstractPersistenceMa
>>> nager.java:1201)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.maven.continuum.store.JdoContinuumStore.updateBuildResult(Jdo
>>> ContinuumStore.java:238)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(
>>> DefaultBuildController.java:324)
>>>                at
>>> org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.exec
>>> uteTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:47)
>>>                at
>>> org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$Execut
>>> orRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:103)
>>>                at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>>>  
>>> _______________________________________________________________________
>>> Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
>>> information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
>>> entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
>>> legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
>>> or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
>>> and have received this message in error, please immediately return this
>>> by email and then delete it.
>>>
>> _______________________________________________________________________
>> Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
>> information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
>> entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
>> legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
>> or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
>> and have received this message in error, please immediately return this
>> by email and then delete it.
>>
>>
>>
> 
> _______________________________________________________________________
> Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
> information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
> entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
> legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual
> or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient,
> and have received this message in error, please immediately return this
> by email and then delete it.
> 
> 
> 


Mime
View raw message