continuum-users mailing list archives

From Bob Arnott <b...@aungate.com>
Subject Perforce and Client Specs
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 17:06:40 GMT
Is there anyway to force Continuum to use a particular client spec
when the SCM is Peforce...? I've got a project that relies on stuff
in different parts of the repository, it's a tool that requires data
files that are used to build some other stuff.

If I specify the project location in the SCM URL then Continuum
doesn't check out all the necessary files. If specify a more generic
SCM URL then Continuum checks out too much stuff.

scm:perforce://depot/stuff/project/... - not enough stuff
scm:perforce://depot/stuff/... - too much stuff

I have a client spec that has the correct paths for the necessary
files, i.e.

//depot/stuff/project/... //p4/stuff/project/...
//depot/stuff/servers/...dat //p4/stuff/servers/...dat

Is there anyway to get Continuum to use this client spec, or another
way to tell it to check out more of the repository...?

Cheers,

--
Bob Arnott