continuum-users mailing list archives

From Srinivas Pavani <sp...@yahoo.com>
Subject scm connection string
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 20:09:54 GMT
Can some one please help me out in understanding how the scm connection settings work with
respect to continuum and maven?

Maven2 has the following settings:

  <scm>
     <!-- read only -->     <connection>scm:cvs:pserver:MY_NAME:MY_PASS@MY_SERVER:PORT:/usr/local/cvsroot
MY_MODULE</connection>
     <!-- developers NOT read only -->     <connection>scm:cvs:pserver:MY_NAME:MY_PASS@MY_SERVER:PORT:/usr/local/cvsroot
MY_MODULE</connection>
      <tag>MY_BRANCH</tag>
     <!-- browsable url - ViewVC or ... -->
     <url>http://MY_SERVER/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/MY_MODULE/</url>
  </scm>

Which one of these is used scm connection is used by Continuum?
What do the settings in Continuum admin screen do - scm url/user id/password? Are these mean
to override what is provided by maven pom.xml?

When I run maven's scm:validate, the validation is successful but when I try to run any other
command such as scm:status scm:checkout, I keep  getting an error CVS requires a path spec.

I cannot figure out what is the correct scm connection string for a CVS repository which uses
a pserver.

Can anyone provide a working example on how to setup these strings?

Thanks
Srinivas

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2ยข/min
or less.