continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos Sanchez" <car...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subversion post-commit hook
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 16:28:56 GMT
On 6/8/06, Baron.Reznik@fastmobile.com <Baron.Reznik@fastmobile.com> wrote:
> I know I'd find this useful as well, for several reasons:
> -If you simply let continuum build every 5 mins, there could potentially be more than
1 commit during that time, and you would be building multiple revisions worth of changes.
Ideally, you would want to build once/revision so if the build breaks, you know which commit
broke it.

You are not considering here the time that it takes to build the project.
a commits
continuum starts building
b commits
continuum can't start building, busy
c commits
continuum can't start building, busy
continuum finishes building
continuum starts building b and c changes

> -The continuum server would not be making as many hits to the svn server. If you're building
dozens and dozens of projects, this adds up when it's once every 5 mins.

I don't realy know what is the overhead of getting the revision number
to check for changes but shouldn't be heavy at all

> If you got rather fancy, it would sure be nice to have the commit check if there were
new projects added, and automagically add them to continuum as well.

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.