continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan, Scott D" <scr...@alservices.com>
Subject RE: Upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 causes build.properties substitution to cease
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 00:16:45 GMT

Office: (720) 945-5328
Cell:    (303) 263-3044
scryan@alservices.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 5:50 PM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 causes build.properties substitution to cease

This feature doesn't exist in continuum 1.0.3 (and it wasn't in continuum 1.0.2 too) because
it isn't implemented. Continuum doesn't read build.properties file, only maven1 use it.
So you need to add the real scm url in your pom without parameters (same for the name, artifactId,
groupId, version), for other part, you can use parameters if they aren't use by continuum
but only by maven1

Emmanuel

Ryan, Scott D a écrit :
>  I recently upgraded from Continuum 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 using a Maven 1
> project.xml and I was using parameter substitution from my
> build.properties file to fill in a parameter on my SCM URL string.
> The current string is as follows:
>
> scm:cvs:pserver:${maven.username}@machinename:/somedirectory/src:modul
> en
> ame
>
> I am relying on the maven.username to be filled in from the
> build.properties file but it looks like that does not work with
> version 1.0.3.  I also tried to add a command line parameter
> -Dmaven.username=someuserid and that was not picked up either.  If I
> fill in the name manually everything seems to run ok however then next
> time a build happens the project.xml is replaced and my substitution
> is broken again.
>
> Scott D. Ryan
> Senior Java Developer/Architect
> Aurora Loan Services
> 10350 Park Meadows Drive
> Littleton, Co. 80124
> Office: (720) 945-5328
> Cell:    (303) 263-3044
> scryan@alservices.com

> -------- This message is intended only for the personal and
> confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named. If you are not the intended recipient
of this message, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying
of this message is strictly prohibited. This communication is for information purposes only
and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any
financial product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement
of Aurora Loan Services. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate and it should
not be relied upon as such. All information is subject to change without notice.

----