continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Carlos Henriquez" <>
Subject Re: Break build on deprecated version
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 16:36:25 GMT
That's more a Maven question.

You can suscribe <>to the Maven
mailing list<>and ask that, or search in
archive <> for a
possible answer.

I'm interested in that answer because it would be a nice way to manage
version dependency. I personally haven't found a way to do that

I make a way creating a profile in the settings.xml of maven. It's a
version-profile where everyone in our team writes their last version number.

When we need a dependency from some of our projects we write in the pom ${
someDependency.version} and that property contains the last value written in
settings.xml. That work for us until we realized that Continuum 1.0.2 (dunno
if 1.0.3 does) didn't read the profiles from Maven's settings.xml. It
doesn't work for outside project either (well, it could work but you'll have
to write every single last version from every outside project).

If you find a better way wich works with Continuum, let me know :D