continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wayne Fay" <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to update maven plugins
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 20:55:21 GMT
"By hand" means manually tweaking versions of dependencies in the pom,
that is, do not rely or even expect Maven to do this for you.

Use the [x.y.z] notation to "lock" a dependency to a specific version.
If this version of the dep exists in your local repo, Maven will
proceed without contacting any outside systems.

Use [x.y.z, ) notation to lock a dependency to "no less than" a
specific version. Maven will contact Central and other specified repos
for new versions, and pull them down to use them instead if any newer
versions exist.

Wayne