continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <>
Subject RE: can't remove project
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 12:43:18 GMT
It didn't happen to me the second time around. I can be sure I didn't double submit it because
it occurred to only a couple child modules of the parents I submitted, not all of them. I
was adding a bunch of large projects without waiting completely for it to finish, I think
the bug is there somewhere. When I waited for everything to be completely done before adding
another, it was ok.

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Venisse []
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 3:02 AM
Subject: Re: can't remove project

deletes aren't cascading properly in some case due to database corruption and jpox can't delete

I don't know wuy jpox create some duplicated entries in database. It's perhaps when a user
refresh the sumary page just after to add a project (but it isn't completely added yet) instead
of click on "Show Projects" link.
I can't reproduce this duplicated project problem

Wayne Fay a écrit :
> Based on the error below, it looks like the deletes aren't cascading
> properly.
> You could probably log in to the database and blow away individual
> projects if you dug around and figured out how tables and foreign keys
> are linked up.
> This seems to be a bug, I'd file it in JIRA. "Delete a project" was
> just not tested enough before release, apparently.
> Wayne
> On 5/13/06, Brian E. Fox <> wrote:
>> Somehow I have a bunch of projects that got duplicated but I can't
>> remove them. Here's the error, is there anything I can do other than
>> blow away the db and start over?
>> ognl.MethodFailedException: Method "removeProject" failed for object
>> org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum@1a4a1c9
>> [javax.jdo.JDOUserException: One or more instances could not be
>> deleted
>> NestedThrowables:
>> javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Delete request failed: DELETE FROM
>> NestedThrowables:
>> SQL Exception: DELETE on table 'BUILDDEFINITION' caused a violation
>> of foreign key constraint 'PROJECT_BUILP8_FK2' for key (86).  The
>> statement has been rolled back.]

View raw message