continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Jay Stramel" <graceless...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: force the build
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 23:10:29 GMT
The reason we want to do this is that the product we make is comprised of
several components that are all build separately.  We want to be able to
build the SNAPSHOT version of the product every night even though nothing
about the production definition changes.

When dealing with our release branches, everything works OK on the current
version because we use real version numbers.  However, we always use
SNAPSHOT in the main branch for each component and run continuous builds and
tests on the product.  But that doesn't work if the product isn't rebuilt...

We don't want to make everything hierarchical because some of the components
are used in more than one product.

If anyone knows of a better way to accomplish this, please let me know.

--
Jay