continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Barrie Treloar" <baerr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Blog entry
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 00:38:15 GMT
On 4/20/06, Rinku <rahul.thakur.xdev@gmail.com> wrote:

> By that logic - just one development language/platform should be enough
> for all s/w development, why re-invent and invest in other
> languages/platforms??
>
> I don't suppose there's anything stopping anyone from raising feature
> requests for Cruisecontrol on cruisecontrol lists. Questioning
> Continuum's existence IMHO is just silly.

It is not silly. CruiseControl is an open source project, you can take
that project and add additional features to it and no one can stop
you.

Continuum would have benefited from an existing architecture, with an
existing user base, to extend that platform to support Maven2.  And
this would have removed the need to re-invent the plumbing of a
continuous integration system.

I'm not questioning the new features of Continuum, as people believe
they are of value, I am questioning the need to re-invent the plumbing
part.