continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Shute, James" <james.sh...@lehman.com>
Subject RE: Project specific build.properties for Maven1 build
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 09:08:06 GMT
Thanks Emmanuel - prompt reply as ever!

I'm planning to have 2 instances of Continuum running: one on linux, one on windows so I can
be sure my tests work on both platforms.  Given the property in question is an absolute file
path the project.properties approach won't work, but the command line idea should do nicely.

thanks

James

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:37 AM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Project specific build.properties for Maven1 build

I think you can put your property in project.properties and maven1 on continuum machine will
use it.
For developers, the value define in their build.properties will override the value in project.properties.

An other solution would be to add the property on the m1 command line via the build definition
of your project.

Emmanuel

Shute, James a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Just started using Continuum and am really liking it, but have just 1
> small issue I can't seem to find an answer to.
>
> One of our projects, which is built using Maven 1, needs a machine
> specific property set (it's an absolute path to a specific file), so
> that goes in build.properties in the project dir and each developer
> sets it to the correct value for their box.  It's potentially
> different on each box, hence it can't go in project.properties.
>
> Now I tried fixing our build under Continuum by adding the
> build.properties file with the value set into the working area, but
> next time a CVS update happens during the build that file gets wiped
> out and the build fails again.
>
> For now I've got it working by putting the setting in the system wide
> build.properties file, but that's not an ideal solution as this
> property is only really relevant to this 1 project.
>
> Is there some way round this, or shall I file a JIRA?
>
> thanks
>
> James

> -------- This message is intended only for the personal and
> confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution
or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.  This communication is for information
purposes only and should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer
to buy any financial product, an official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official
statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
 Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate and it should
not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to change without notice.