continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Shute, James" <james.sh...@lehman.com>
Subject Project specific build.properties for Maven1 build
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 08:24:42 GMT
Hi,

Just started using Continuum and am really liking it, but have just 1
small issue I can't seem to find an answer to.

One of our projects, which is built using Maven 1, needs a machine
specific property set (it's an absolute path to a specific file), so
that goes in build.properties in the project dir and each developer sets
it to the correct value for their box.  It's potentially different on
each box, hence it can't go in project.properties.

Now I tried fixing our build under Continuum by adding the
build.properties file with the value set into the working area, but next
time a CVS update happens during the build that file gets wiped out and
the build fails again.

For now I've got it working by putting the setting in the system wide
build.properties file, but that's not an ideal solution as this property
is only really relevant to this 1 project.

Is there some way round this, or shall I file a JIRA?

thanks

James

named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot
be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information
is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject
to change without notice.