continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Peschier J. \(Jeroen\)" <j.pesch...@nedasco.nl>
Subject Multimodule import with StarTeam SCM fails
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:06:22 GMT
I am experiencing problems with importing a multimodule POM into
Continuum. Our project layout is as below:

Framework
+ ProjectA
+ ProjectB

Relevant parts of the framework.pom:

<version>0.1</version>
<modules>
  <module>ProjectA</module>
  <module>ProjectB</module>
</modules>
<ciManagement>
   <system>continuum</system>
   <url>http://localhost:8080/continuum</url>
   <notifiers>
     <notifier>
       <type>mail</type>
       <sendOnError>true</sendOnError>
       <sendOnFailure>true</sendOnFailure>
       <sendOnSuccess>true</sendOnSuccess>
       <sendOnWarning>true</sendOnWarning>
       <configuration>
         <address>sjaak@foobar.nl</address>
       </configuration>
     </notifier>
   </notifiers>
</ciManagement>
<scm>

<connection>scm:starteam:${username}@sthost:49201:/LogiX/LogiX</connecti
on>

<developerConnection>scm:starteam:${username}@sthost:49201:/LogiX/LogiX<
/developerConnection>
</scm>

I have the StarTeam username and password defined in settings.xml. The
SCM configuration works for my local build. Continuum is running under
the same credentials as myself, so I assume Continuum will use my
current Maven 2 configuration.

The POM URL begin submitted to Continuum is:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/sjaak/.m2/repository/com/company/f
ramework/0.1/framework-0.1.pom

Upon submitting, Continuum reports the following error:

    * Could not download
file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/sjaak/.m2/repository/com/company/fra
mework/0.1/framework/ProjectA/pom.xml: C:\Documents and
Settings\sjaak\.m2\repository\com\company\framework\0.1\framework\Projec
tA\pom.xml (Het systeem kan het opgegeven pad niet vinden)

Check the logs for more details.

    * Could not download
file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/sjaak/.m2/repository/com/company/fra
mework/0.1/framework/ProjectB/pom.xml: C:\Documents and
Settings\sjaak\.m2\repository\com\company\framework\0.1\framework\Projec
tB\pom.xml (Het systeem kan het opgegeven pad niet vinden)

Check the logs for more details.

>From the error messages it appears Continuum is attempting to locate the
module POMs relative to the location of the framework POM. Is that the
intended behaviour? I learned from the documentation that if modules are
listed in the POM they will be checked out. Instead of performing a
checkout it appears to traverse the repository looking for the module
POMs. What is missing here?