continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: Project specific build.properties for Maven1 build
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2006 08:37:15 GMT
I think you can put your property in project.properties and maven1 on continuum machine will
use it.
For developers, the value define in their build.properties will override the value in
project.properties.

An other solution would be to add the property on the m1 command line via the build definition
of
your project.

Emmanuel

Shute, James a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Just started using Continuum and am really liking it, but have just 1
> small issue I can't seem to find an answer to.
>
> One of our projects, which is built using Maven 1, needs a machine
> specific property set (it's an absolute path to a specific file), so
> that goes in build.properties in the project dir and each developer sets
> it to the correct value for their box.  It's potentially different on
> each box, hence it can't go in project.properties.
>
> Now I tried fixing our build under Continuum by adding the
> build.properties file with the value set into the working area, but next
> time a CVS update happens during the build that file gets wiped out and
> the build fails again.
>
> For now I've got it working by putting the setting in the system wide
> build.properties file, but that's not an ideal solution as this property
> is only really relevant to this 1 project.
>
> Is there some way round this, or shall I file a JIRA?
>
> thanks
>
> James

> This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated
recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  This communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded
as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an official
confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission
cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this
information is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information
is subject to change without notice.