continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Simon Kitching" <skitch...@gfg-group.com>
Subject RE: SVN paths when adding an m2 pom with module declarations
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:43:29 GMT

  _____

From: Simon Kitching [mailto:skitching@gfg-group.com]

> I specified the URL to this pom in continuum 20040414. Continuum correctly
> added each of the child modules as a separate "project". However the SVN
> urls are not set right. For example, the "core" module thinks its svn path
> is:
> http://.../trunk/common-core
> when it should be using
> http://.../trunk/common/core

It's a problem in maven api.
maven use artifactId and not module name for path resolution.

 [snip]

I will therefore file a bug against maven.

Hmm..on further thought, this approach just won't work. There's no reliable
way to deduce the scm url for a project from (scn url for parent) + (path
from project to parent). Example:
 "scm:svn:http://foo.example/dir1"  and "../dir1/pom.xml"
 isn't enough to realise that the project in question can be found at:
  scm:svn:http://foo.example/widget

However it seems to me that the safest option for Continuum would be to
calculate the scm url based on the scm url of the originally imported
module, and the module path to each project .

So the approach above would seem to be the only reliable one. The existing
maven approach of appending artifactId to the parent pom's scm url is really
just a heuristic (a guess that will work for some subset of valid
configurations only).

Alternately, an <scm> block in each pom.xml is required.

This maven jira entry has some related info:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1031

Regards,

Simon