continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Simon Kitching" <>
Subject Continuum RC
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 00:11:23 GMT

I'm just starting to use Continuum, and decided to start with the current RC
There are a number of warning/error messages emitted by continuum that might
be better handled.
None of this appears to stop Continuum from working however. I'm reporting
these as the RC
vote is currently underway; not sure that any of this is worth holding back
a release for though.
Still, warn/errors on startup aren't a great introduction for new users..

On startup of a new installation, this appears:

jvm 1    | 2006-04-20 11:33:03,257 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] WARN  RDBMS

               - Error initialising derby schema : Schema 'SA' does not
jvm 1    | ERROR 42Y07: Schema 'SA' does not exist

jvm 1    |      at
known Source)

This only occurs when the database doesn't exist (eg on first startup). It
might be
nice to check for this, and avoid issuing this warning in this particular

On every startup this appears:
  - Column BUILDDEFINITION.LATEST_BUILD_ID should not allow nulls b
ut does. You can prevent nulls by specifying "allows-null" as "false" for
the <f
ield> in the MetaData

Presumably this can be fixed by following the advice in the message...

jvm 1    | 2006-04-20 11:47:50,751 [WrapperSimpleAppMain] ERROR
t              - ResourceManager.getResource() parse exception:
ity.exception.ParseErrorException: Lexical error:
rser.TokenMgrError: Lexical error at line 121, column 17.  Encountered:
<EOF> af
ter : ""

I've got no idea what this is about...

On shutdown lots of lines like this appear:
jvm 2    | There was no such logger 'org.codehaus.plexus.ircbot.IrcBot'

jvm 2    | There was no such logger
nfigurationService' 26986262.

jvm 2    | There was no such logger
m2.MavenBuilderHelper' 26986262.