continuum-users mailing list archives

From Trygve Laugstøl <tryg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: running Continuum 1.0.3 without wrapper
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:11:44 GMT
On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 17:49 +0200, Reinhard Spisser wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I cannot start Continuum using the run.sh command because I'm using it
> on a platform that is not supported (debian sarge on sparc). I get
> errors when I use the run.sh command stating that it is not possibile
> to start the wrapper . What is the wrapper supposed to do?

The wrapper is a useful tool to control server instances with. It logs
stdout, keeps a PID file and can also interact with the server to start
and stop it based on signals. See [1] for the full reference.

It should be possible to download the wrapper binary for your platform
and use that, but if the plexus.sh variant work for you it might not be
worth the trouble.

> I start continuum using the plexus.sh command and it works fine. The
> only problem I'm getting is that I have don't a pidfile so I cannot
> kill continuum using a sinle kill -9 <pid>. I need to kill all single
> processes of continuum by hand.
>
> How can I obtain the pid of the continuum process when continuum is
> started with plexus.sh?

You would have to add this line before the last "exec java" line:

echo $$ > continuum.pid

$$ is the PID of the bash script, which the java process will inherit
because of the exec.

--
Trygve