continuum-users mailing list archives

From raghurajan.x.gurunat...@jpmchase.com
Subject Re: continuum with clearcase
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:02:25 GMT
Thanks for your reply,

Yes my working directory for sub modules are empty

I just have my scm url only at my parent module like here in my directory
structure i have it in Modules,Module A & Module B pom.xml

so when i added this has maven2 project  and pointed the pom url to
Modules-pom.url,  which looks like

  <scm>
 <connection>scm|clearcase|${scm.my.view}|${scm.my.viewPath}</connection>
  </scm>

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

<modules>
        <module>ModuleA</module>
        <module>ModuleB</module>
</modules>

My vob are loaded fine for Modules-pom.xml, then as i have Module A&B as
child here then it tries to load Module A & B now, where i have entry like

<scm>
 <connection>scm|clearcase|${scm.my.view}|${scm.my.viewPath}</connection>
  </scm>

so it tries to load the same view again and errors out with view already
exists, but created all modules with empty working directory. only the top
one has all soucecodes in it, and i was able to do build for this one(ie.
Modules) with no problem but when it tried to build Module A / B then its
failed with the error, it could not check out files coz view is already
exists

then i changed my Modules A & B pom as
<scm>
    <connection>scm|clearcase</connection>
  </scm>

This time while creating project it didn't complain, but it just created
empty directory for Modules A & B  then when i tried to build only either
A / B then it throws error
Exception:
Cannot checkout sources.
The scm url must be on the form 'scm:' where  can be either ':' or '|'.

is there workaround for this problem??

or is it something like i need to create a seperate view for my modules A
& B to work with them??

Thanks,
Raghu

Emmanuel Venisse <emmanuel@venisse.net>