continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Kahn" <citizenk...@gmail.com>
Subject <?> Continuum, svn, ant - doc generation<?>
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 21:03:08 GMT
I'd like to use continuum to generate my documentation for build a head of
time and store it in a maven repository like structure.

I already have an automated process using python and WebWorks/Automap, but
doc gen takes about 30 minutes per build and I'm about to encounter
localization into 11 languages (5.5 hours of doc generation per build will
be a little steep when doc writes do not change everything constantly).

I have a directory of doc source.  At the root of that directory I have an
ant script. I'd like to split the workload into a series of projects and not
have it be one atomic target from the doc dir.

The following is a sketch of the two possible solutions I'm thinking about.
I'd like to go with the split, but I'm not sure if it is possible or what
the right layout is to allow for it.  I'd like to follow the layout I have
given because it gives the system the ability to build only what is needed
and the user the ability to build-all easily upon her local workstation.

So, is this possible and if so can someone point to some good resource on
the net?  Thanks for all the help.

common environment:
svn base url: http://mysvn/repos
/doc
  /common
  /targ1
  /targ2
/doc/build.xml       ant targets [all, targ1, targ2]

single atomic solution:
* any modification below http://mysvn/repos/doc will result in
  1. checkout/update of http://mysvn/repos
  2. ant builds default target [all]