continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Stevenson, Chris" <Chris.Steven...@DrKW.com>
Subject RE: Trigger Projects in Continuum
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:48:53 GMT
Ok good point. :-)

My proposal would be to add a maven-continuum-plugin which would be invoked
on the end of the build using the piping of maven commands.

Something like this

mvn clean install continuum:build-dependants

The plugin would query continuum to work out the projects included in it.
For each project it would either load the pom from a specified location
(from the RPC client) and expand out the transitive dependancy tree to asses
whether the built artifact can be reached in any manner as a dependant, or
it would query the RPC service for its dependants (including transitive).

If on of the continuum projects do have a dependancy on the built project it
would tell continumm to stick it on the build que.

Do you think this sounds reasonable? Will probably fit better in maven (or
mojos) rather than continuum though.

1 question, using the RPC interface continue I can get hold of the
dependencies for a project, are these the direct dependencies or do they
include transitive deps?

Thanks,

Chris