continuum-users mailing list archives

From Adrian Herscu <bmf1...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Why Continuum?
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2006 20:54:52 GMT
Jonathan, thanks for your fast reply.
Finally, I have found a comparison here:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/DAMAGECONTROL/Continuous+Integration+Server+Feature+Matrix
But, still I do not understand what is the "tighter integration with
Maven 2" all about. Using CC I still can invoke Maven (1 or 2 -- does it
matter?) through the shell interface -- isn't it?

Johnson, Jonathan wrote:
> If you are looking for a richer feature set stick with CruiseControl.
>
> Continuum is still relatively new and many features you have
> CruiseControl are not yet available in Continuum.
>
> I chose to try Continuum because of my simple build requirements which
> will grow hopefully with the Continuum and Maven 2 feature sets.  In
> addition I opted for Continuums tighter integration with Maven 2.
>
> If the feature sets were the same I would recommend Continuum because of
> it tighter integration with Maven 2.
>
> Many of the feature you might expect to find in Continuum are really in
> Maven 2 (where they should be, well.. at least when they are written as
> a plugin for Maven 2).  Be careful of comparing the apples to oranges.
> Be aware that Maven 2 and Continuum have only been around for a few
> months and more features are anticipated this year.

It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents or any action taken
(or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee,
please inform the sender immediately.