continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Johnson, Jonathan" <jjohn...@454.com>
Subject RE: How to make multi module work in continuum
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 15:30:57 GMT
Emmannuel noted in the other thread "multi-module maven 2 project" that there were multi-project
improvements being planned.

"Project grouping is a planned feature for 1.1"
"Building dependant projects is a planned feature."

I was also confused about why building the parent module does not build the sub-modules.
Doing a build on a parent project that does not build its children is misleading.

The -N switch is a hidden feature for new users.

Perhaps the continuum web gui could add a checkbox control for toggling the -N switch so it's
a little more obvious.

Perhaps the when the parent project is presented in the list, in the non-recursive mode, then
the build action in the gui is disabled (since it really does not do anything).

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Venisse [mailto:emmanuel@venisse.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:31 PM
To: continuum-users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to make multi module work in continuum

raghurajan.x.gurunathan@jpmchase.com a écrit :
> yeah
>
> i'm using m2 with continuum
>
> when i added the parent pom it loaded all the child pom but when hit
> "build now" at parent it just did a build for parent but not for child

Yes, if you want to build other projects, just hit "build now" on them.

> if i need to make to work it on using command project how do i do that,

If you want all modules independant in Continuum and want to build all when you hit "build
now" on
parent, go to build definitions of parent and remove "-N" parameter

If you want only one project in continuum and build all everytime, you need to add a "Shell
Project"

> can anyone please give me example , coz confused what enter where,
>

> Thanks,
> Raghurajan G
>

> Emmanuel Venisse <emmanuel@venisse.net>
> 02/02/2006 05:02 PM
> Please respond to continuum-users
>

>         To:     continuum-users@maven.apache.org
>         cc:
>         Subject:        Re: How to make multi module work in continuum
>

> John Tolentino a écrit :
>
>>What are you trying to build? Maven 1, Maven 2 or Ant?
>>
>>If you're using Maven 2, by default it should build all of the sub
>>projects if you build the parent. Just make sure all of the sub projects
>

>>are declared in the parent POM's modules section.
>

> Not exactly.
> Continuum create separate projects for parent and modules. Each project
> have its own build if a
> change is make on it.
> By default, the parent build is done with -N (non recursive) options,
> Continuum don't build
> sub-modules on parent project.
>

>>With Maven 1, make the default goal of your parent project call your
>>multi-project goal.
>>
>>Can't answer regarding Ant though. Haven't tried building multi-projects
>

>>through Continuum with Ant yet.
>>
>>raghurajan.x.gurunathan@jpmchase.com wrote:
>>

>>>How do i make continuum to build parent and childern ?
>>>
>>>is there any documentation or example any where?
>>>

>>>Thanks,
>>>Raghurajan G

LEGAL NOTICE:
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It
is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents or any action taken
(or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee,
please inform the sender immediately.