continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Veerman, Christiaan" <cveer...@knowledgestorm.com>
Subject RE: Best Practice: JDK target for continuum and maven
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 19:27:21 GMT

If the JAVA_HOME = C:\svn\jdk1.5.0_06\bin\javac.exe; changing the target of a jdk via source
and target to '1.4', how does one resolve the physical location of the jdk?

This does NOT work as I need to use the 1.4 compiler.

<plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <compilerVersion>1.4</compilerVersion>
          <source>1.4</source>
          <target>1.4</target>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
 </plugins>

I was thinking about using a custom compiler:

 <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <fork>true</fork>
          <executable>C:\svn\jdk1.4_02\bin\javac.exe</executable>
          <compilerVersion>1.4</compilerVersion>
          <source>1.4</source>
          <target>1.4</target>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>

This is pretty ugly especially if it resides in every pom as I don't really control the env
JAVA_HOME var that is launched with continuum.

I'm looking for a better impl. Please advise.

Christiaan