continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: tried to build and run continuum 1.1-SNAPSHOT
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:57:34 GMT

Sanjay Choudhary a écrit :
> Our  group of developers work almost 24 hrs. and changes are checked in into
> cvs regularly.  We tag before build so that we know what we know what
> exactly we built, or atleast attempted to build.

ok, i understand if it's cvs. svn works differently.

> As you said, I can create a script and add it as a shell project to tag the
> things in cvs.  Is there a way I can dynamically tell Continuum, to build
> from that tag.  Tag will change almost everyday.  If it will be an update in
> the DB using java program, can you tell me what table/s and column/s do I
> need to update.

no, it isn't possible to change it dynamically in Continuum.
If you want to modify database, look at Project table, but i'm not sure you can access to
it when
Continuum use it.

You can create a new module in cvs that contains only your script and you add it in continuum.
And in your script, you can do that :
- create the tag
- checkout code
- build code
- set correctly the return code, so Continuum will know if your build is ok or not

Emmanuel