continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: Best Practice: JDK target for continuum and maven
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 20:43:34 GMT

Veerman, Christiaan a écrit :

> If the JAVA_HOME = C:\svn\jdk1.5.0_06\bin\javac.exe; changing the target of a jdk via
source and target to '1.4', how does one resolve the physical location of the jdk?

it will use the 1.5 compiler but will compile for 1.4 jdk.
compilerVersion isn't necessary.

> This does NOT work as I need to use the 1.4 compiler.
>
> <plugins>
>       <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
>         <configuration>
>           <compilerVersion>1.4</compilerVersion>
>           <source>1.4</source>
>           <target>1.4</target>
>         </configuration>
>       </plugin>
>  </plugins>
>

> I was thinking about using a custom compiler:
>
>  <plugins>
>       <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
>         <configuration>
>           <fork>true</fork>
>           <executable>C:\svn\jdk1.4_02\bin\javac.exe</executable>
>           <compilerVersion>1.4</compilerVersion>
>           <source>1.4</source>
>           <target>1.4</target>
>         </configuration>
>       </plugin>
>     </plugins>
>
> This is pretty ugly especially if it resides in every pom as I don't really control the
env JAVA_HOME var that is launched with continuum.

> I'm looking for a better impl. Please advise.

An other possibility is to declare two profiles in a parent pom of your project, and you activate

one of them in build definition with '-P' mvn argument

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

Emmanuel

> Christiaan

different jdk for project with continuum profiles.