continuum-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Venisse <emman...@venisse.net>
Subject Re: looking at the maven site via continuum
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 17:15:42 GMT

Johnson, Jonathan a écrit :
> I agree.  When I first though about using Continuum over CruiseControl I
> read the statement that Continuums integrates well with the maven
> architecture.  A strong feature of Maven is the site generation, yet in
> Continuum there is no way to see the site.  Moreover the default
> Continuum build ('clean install') does not build the site.
>
> Even if you add 'site' as a build goal and then navigate to the Working
> Copy then to the target/site directory you cannot open the HTML files in
> continuum.  Continuum lists the html as text.

you can see the generated site if you deploy it in a server with site:deploy
Site generation isn't added by default because the basic of a continuous integration tool
is to
build a project.

> Two things Continuum needs
>
> 1.  Schedule builds based on scm commit activity (rather than fixed
> scedules).  CruiseControl has ability to launch builds soon after files
> are commited to a repository and also has nice reporting facilities to
> see the scm activity.  (This feature is on future features list for
> Continuum, I just want to put my vote in).

How CruiseControl do it?
For scm activity, we already have a report like changelog report

> 2. Provide support for Continuum to build and view the module site.

You can already do it with a site deploy.

Emmanuel

It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents or any action taken
(or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee,
please inform the sender immediately.